welcome to Connecticut's
chamber of commerce for creatives.
Since our inception in December 2013, the Nutmeg Collective has become a reputable source for high-quality Connecticut-made artisan and vintage goods. We know exceptional work when we see it, and we have worked hard to bring together a network of the most authentic of small businesses: the makers, the artists, the curators, the creative minds across Connecticut. Our goal has always been to support the needs of the makers, through our extensive network of small businesses, owners, and their support staff.
The Nutmeg Collective provides resources that maker businesses need, including social media expertise, brand reviews, and wholesaling and consignment advice.
- Provide a supportive and encouraging environment where creatives can share ideas and receive real-time feedback and advice
- Connect small business creatives with like-minded individuals
- Offer business workshops with topics geared toward creative small business
- Provide niche services designed specifically for micro businesses
- Connect creatives with retail establishments, media outlets, and market masters
- Provide honest and helpful small business advice
What We've Achieved
- Four member business owners were featured in Connecticut Magazine's 40 Under 40 Class of 2016 and another in 2018
- 18 Members were included in Connecticut Magazine's 2015 Holiday Gift Guide, 32 in 2016, and 26 in 2017
- Established the Love Local Market, a popular monthly pop-up artisan marketplace at Get Baked in Windsor.
- Featured on Better Connecticut, with individual segments for 10 of our members
- Established the CT Maker Community, a forum for Connecticut's makers, connecting microbusiness owners with each other
- Three members chosen by Martha Stewart to be part of her American Made shop on Amazon