Enrollment for 2018 will be held from January 1-15, 2018. A panel of members will begin reviewing applications once the enrollment period has closed. Applicants will be notified of the panel's decision within a week of the closing of the enrollment period.
Are you looking for support for your creative small business?
You make or collect things for a living and love what you do, but people don't understand it. They have a hard time with the idea that you are making a living doing an unconventional job.
Being a creative entrepreneur can be lonely and isolating. Friends and family with traditional jobs don't understand your working structure and your unique set of needs, so it can be hard to use them as a sounding board. It can also be hard to find information relating to local small business, and trying to find people to share tips and tricks can be frustrating because your field is so specialized.
The Nutmeg Collective believes that open sharing of information relating to small creative business will make all of our businesses stronger. Our forum is filled with advice, camaraderie, and commiseration. We build each other up within a community of like-minded individuals. By joining The Nutmeg Collective, you are joining a professional network of serious and talented creatives.
Why should I become a member?
For less than $8 a month, you get the following and more:
- Members have access to a 24-hour forum filled with advice, feedback, and support from people in the same field
- Local meet-ups and social events that allow members to interact with each other in person
- Discounted or free live and online workshops that will help you in areas such as social media, business structure, bookkeeping, and organization.
- Business consulting packages to provide you with a critique and advice specific to your business
- Access to an informational database of local craft shows and local gift shops to helps you expand your customer base
- Public sharing of your small business on our own social media platforms and website
- Bi-annual holiday gift swaps - Christmas in July and Secret Snowman in December
The Nutmeg Collective is for you if:
- you are serious about your business and its growth
- you are committed to creating high-quality handmade products or collecting high-quality vintage goods
- you are looking for a community of hard-working makers and have time to commit to the group
- you are willing to help others grow their businesses
- you are able to both take and offer feedback
- you understand that our community is better together
The Nutmeg Collective is probably not for you if:
- your business is a hobby
- you are unable to commit time to the group for the rest of the 2017 year
- you are not looking to be part of a collaborative community or helping others
- you are only looking for opportunities to sell your work
- you are not interested in new ideas and getting out of your comfort zone in order to grow your business
what we're looking for in a member business:
- are you a Connecticut-based business with a valid Connecticut tax identification number?
- do you make high-quality handmade products or curate a high-quality vintage collection?
- are you someone with entrepreneurial aspirations?
- do you make original creations, and do you present a cohesive collection?
- are your products something unique or something we haven't seen before?
- do you have an active social media presence across multiple platforms?
- are your photographs clean, clear, and aesthetically-pleasing?
- do you have a strong work ethic and drive to improve and grow?
- do you have a professional online presence?
The Nutmeg Collective does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, marital status, or military status. We believe in celebrating diversity and creating a warm and open community where kindness rules.